ACT Now Summit Counselor
July 8 – July 15, 2022
College/Internship Credit Available
Support the next generation of diverse leaders
Spend a week of your summer in a dynamic environment with incredible staff and inspirational young people! Campers are rising 12th-grade leaders in their 5th year of our 5-year leadership program. If you’re interested in pursuing a career in education, social work, psychology, social justice or youth advocacy work, this is the opportunity for you!
The C5 Leaders Program is a five-year summer and school year program where youth develop and practice their leadership skills through various experiential activities and workshops designed to inspire to lead themselves, their peers, and inspire their communities. We believe that our youth are the next generation of leaders. Programming is intentionally sequenced and centered on youth agency, experiential learning, and reflection.
The C5 ACT Now Summit is a week-long community leadership experience rooted in social justice for C5 Leaders. Counselors supervise and coach teens by participating fully in all activities and facilitating the reflective process that helps youth establish a connection between experiences and leadership.
Seeking a candidate who possesses the following traits:
- Ability to remain present and engaged
- Strong listening skills
- Confidence in mediating group dynamics
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries and uphold expectations
- Effective time management skills
- Location: Duxbury, MA
- Staff live at camp in cabins with campers. Housing and meals are provided at no cost.
- Staff are paid a stipend of $400 per week
- Have at least 2 years of post-secondary experience
- Staff must be at least 20+ years old
- Crossroads will require all staff and participants to submit proof of an up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination status, as defined by the CDC, prior to arrival at camp.
To apply for this job please visit crossroadsma.org.