Position Title: Associate Director of Foundation Giving
Location: Boston or Duxbury
With deep knowledge of effective foundation engagement strategies, including significant personal experience developing pipelines, and a track record of management and program building, the Associate Director will be a creative, ambitious, and dynamic leader with the ability to manage and motivate. The Associate Director will be responsible for the development and management of Crossroads foundation giving program, securing and sustaining institutional giving, including all activities related to the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of foundation partners.
Crossroads inspires young people to unlock their potential and positively impact the world. At Crossroads, we believe that young people can shape their own futures and should not be defined by their social and economic circumstances. We engage underserved youth in programming that allows them to experience the power of community, while developing the essential skills needed to successfully navigate school and the postsecondary arena. Crossroads’ programs enable young people to reach beyond their context and comfort zones to challenge themselves, set and achieve goals, and learn to overcome the barriers they meet in their lives.
Overall Foundation Strategy, Planning and Management
- Working collaboratively across the entire organization, the Associate Director will manage and enhance a program that will expand its network of funders and strategically develop new prospects through proactive outreach.
- Design and implement a strategic plan to broaden the foundation base for Crossroads and to increase foundation operating support by 20+% over the next five years.
- Establish and meet annual solicitation, cultivation and stewardship goals for foundation donors and prospects.
Foundation Relationship Management
- Managing a portfolio of foundations, the Associate Director will initiate and build relationships with prospective foundation donors/prospects and develop relationships with program officers and executives.
- Strategically deploy President, board and volunteers to advance relationships, supporting them with talking points and background information as needed for successful identification, cultivation, stewardship and solicitation activity.
- Manage stewardship reporting as required, and conceive of, propose, and implement additional stewardship efforts for institutional donors.
- Appropriately manage internal and external relationships around grant outcomes and results to meet or exceed donor expectations, and delicately handle situations when outcomes are not achieved.
- Manage the workflow and effectiveness of the foundation administration process including research and evaluation of grant funding opportunities.
- Maintain, manage, and implement annual proposal calendar and foundation giving pipeline.
- Assure the accuracy and integrity of the foundations maintained and tracked in Raisers Edge.
- Work closely with Finance and Program staff to track grants awards and reporting requirements.
- Report statistics on the Foundation administration process to internal and external constituents
Grant Writing and Proposal Preparation
- Manage grant submission process, coordinating with program staff as needed, write and process grant applications, ensure applications meet application standards, ensure all data and content has been provided to meet funder guidelines.
- Develop and oversee foundation budgets tied to proposals, working closely with Finance, Operations and Program staff to tie budgets to expected program outcomes.
- Work closely with the Director of Program Evaluation and Impact to measure and evaluate partnership success, reporting outcomes to funders.
- Develop proposal templates and boilerplate language for ongoing and new grant initiatives.
- Work closely with the President, Board and other key stakeholders in the idea creation, program/budget buildout, and execution of letters of interest and grant proposals.
- Conduct research on grant-making organizations and identify funding opportunities.
- Research and develop foundation prospects screening lists for Board review.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A minimum of five years of foundation relations and grant writing experience required.
- Experience managing a six to seven-figure portfolio of foundation donors as well as managing relationships with both program officers and internal colleagues to create the conditions for success.
- Experience writing foundation grant proposals and reports as well as reviewing budgets and financial reports.
- Proficient computer skills, especially in Excel and Word; familiarity with The Raiser’s Edge or equivalent donor database preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to establish and work collaboratively and cooperatively with a variety of colleagues in different office locations.
- Ability to listen carefully to and understand organization’s needs proactively and respond to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and prospect research skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- A strong work ethic, supported by commitment and follow-through.
- Training and/or experience related to staff management.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed to meet deadlines and manage workflow.
- Experience in youth development field and the Boston funding landscape preferred.
Interested applicants should submit a personalized cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Crossroads offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and are committed to hiring individuals who value a diverse and inclusive work environment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com