C5 Compass Adventure Camp Counselor
College/Internship Credit Available
Support the next generation of diverse leaders
Spend part of your summer in a dynamic environment with incredible staff and inspirational young people! Compasses are rising 11th-grade leaders in their 4th year of our 5-year leadership program. If you’re interested in pursuing a career in education, social work, psychology, or facilitation of outdoor adventure activities, this is the opportunity for you!
The C5 Leaders Program is a five-year summer and school year program where youth develop and practice their leadership skills through various experiential activities and workshops designed to inspire to lead themselves, their peers, and inspire their communities. We believe that our youth are the next generation of leaders. Programming is intentionally sequenced and centered on youth agency, experiential learning, and reflection.
We are looking for motivated counselors who will be positive role models, believe in C5 Leaders’ power, and are dedicated to developing supportive relationships with youth. Counselors are expected to supervise youth, promote C5 culture, and facilitate programming. Staff should motivate campers to set and achieve goals, build skills, contribute to an inclusive community, and work towards individual and group success. Counselors work as a team to deliver activities including climbing, biking, boating, swimming, sports, creative skills, and cooking, that engage participants and allow them to test their comfort levels in a safe and supportive community.
- Location: Ashby, MA
- Staff lives at camp in cabins with 8 campers per cabin. Housing and meals are provided at no cost.
- Staff are paid a stipend of $250 per week, plus a completion bonus of $50 per week.
- Positions start July 22nd and complete August 4th.
- Staff should be invested in the C5 culture, willing to embrace a DEI lens, and willing to facilitate curriculum.
- Staff must be at least 19 years old and have graduated from High School.
- Experience at camp or working with youth is required.
- Lifeguard and Ropes Course training available.
To apply for this job please visit crossroadsma.campintouch.com.