Position Title: Development Coordinator
Location: Duxbury / Boston
Crossroads inspires young people to unlock their potential and positively impact the world. With summer camp and school-year programs starting as early as first grade and continuing through high school and into the postsecondary realm, Crossroads nurtures youth as they build the leadership and social-emotional skills required to become physically and mentally healthy adults, socially engaged citizens, and financially independent professionals. We believe that young people can shape their own futures and should not be defined by their social and economic circumstances. Our programming provides children and teens with access to a powerful community that offers countless opportunities to develop the essential skills needed to successfully navigate school and the postsecondary arena.
For more information: crossroadsma.org
Crossroads seeks a detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills to serve as the full-time Development Coordinator. In collaboration with the Director of Development, the Development Coordinator will be responsible for key development functions including database management, gift processing, event and administrative support. This individual will report to the Director of Development and work closely with the Development Team and President.
Raiser’s Edge and Gift Processing:
- Maintain the Raiser’s Edge fundraising database (RE), ensuring that all information is entered according to protocol, updated, and accurate.
- Master database functions to provide exemplary donor recognition, moves management tracking, reports and appeal data.
- Implement all aspects of RE management including daily processing of gifts, running all reports and queries, gift coding, exporting, and importing data and mail merges.
- Troubleshoot issues with Blackbaud/RE.
- Ensure accurate and timely data pulls from the RE database for mail appeals, event invitations, and development department activities.
- Work closely with Finance department for monthly reconciliation and providing requested data/information for annual audit.
- In collaboration with Donor Relations Manager, coordinate donor acknowledgment process, strengthening Crossroads’ relationship with each donor.
- Maintain an enhanced system of producing and tracking timely and accurate donor acknowledgment letters and correspondence.
- Draft and print acknowledgment letters to be signed by the Development Director or President and mail within 24-72 hours after receipt of gift.
- Maintain Donor Thank You Log, notifying Development team and President of all gifts made by Board of Directors and managed donors; assign thank you contacts per protocol.
- Provide event management support to DRM and Communications Manager for all fundraising events and initiatives including our annual Urban Campfire, golf Classic and other events.
- Manage event and donor software systems such as OneCause/Bidpal, Blackbaud JustGiving (peer-to- peer), mobile giving, etc.
- Provide support in implementing logistics of Event Committee meetings and calls, including scheduling, preparing materials, setting up room, coordinating food for meetings, etc.
- Serve as the first point of contact for the Development office, responding to donor inquiries and calls.
- Maintain copies of all gift records in accordance with audit procedures and protocol.
- Maintain Development Calendar.
- Provide administrative support to the President and the Development Team (scheduling, filing, drafting correspondence, etc.).
Characteristics & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with 2-5 years of development experience, with demonstrated experience with development operations and use of information systems to support fundraising activities.
- The ideal candidate is highly organized, entrepreneurial, analytical and has experience in managing donor/prospect databases effectively, preferably Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and/or Blackbaud RENXT.
- Proficiency in Windows and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), esp. spreadsheets and project management tools.
- Technologically savvy in handling of administrative practices.
- Deep appreciation for the organization’s mission for serving youth.
- Extreme attention to detail and a passion for accuracy with the ability to achieve results.
- Self-starter who has the ability to work both independently, as well as in a team environment; ability to take directions well.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to successfully manage and execute multiple projects at one time.
- Must be customer-service oriented with excellent communications skills.
- Limited night and weekend work may be required before and during select events.
- Sense of humor!
Interested applicants should submit a personalized cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Crossroads offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and are committed to hiring individuals who value a diverse and inclusive work environment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org