Position Title: Donor Relations Manager
Reports to: Director of Development
Crossroads inspires young people to unlock their potential and positively impact the world. With summer camp and school-year programs starting as early as first grade and continuing through high school and into the postsecondary realm, Crossroads nurtures youth as they build the leadership and social-emotional skills required to become physically and mentally healthy adults, socially engaged citizens, and financially independent professionals. We believe that young people can shape their own futures and should not be defined by their social and economic circumstances. Our programming provides children and teens with access to a powerful community that offers countless opportunities to develop the essential skills needed to successfully navigate school and the postsecondary arena.
For more information: crossroadsma.org
The Donor Relations Manager (DRM) manages Crossroads donor relations activities and special events. This position oversees the stewardship and donor recognition functions for the department, ensuring that donors are thanked, recognized and informed of their philanthropic support. The DRM is also responsible for developing donor engagement strategies through special events, creative stewardship, and annual giving campaigns. The DRM will plan and implement a robust calendar of event and activities that attract, cultivate and steward a diversified donor base, including a fundraising event, that raises a significant portion of the budget.
Donor Relations and Stewardship
- Manages the personal stewardship of donors, including daily thank you outreach, addressing donor inquiries, and individual engagement to create opportunities to build relationships with existing donors and learn more about their philanthropic interests and capacity.
- With guidance and insight from Directors of Development and in coordination with Communication Manager, design, implement and oversee a donor relations program that appropriately and consistently promotes engagement with and recognition of all donors (annual, event sponsors, foundation and major gift donors).
- Work with the Director of Development to plan, execute and market formalized donor recognition programs. (Leadership Circle, Community Heroes, monthly recurring donors)
- Oversee and track naming opportunities for special campaigns and ensure timely recognition.
- Plan and coordinate outreach to small gift donors through specific campaigns throughout the year, including (e.g. Giving Tuesday, monthly giving, and seasonal and lapsed giving appeals).
- Steward and cultivate relationships and conduct initial exploratory meetings with donors and prospects to determine capacity for major gifts.
- Seek new processes to increase the efficiency and efficacy of the donor collection and stewardship process.
Donor Events and Engagement Activities
- Oversee all development event logistics (from concept to follow-up), including timelines and implementation plans, managing budgets, auction/software management, permits, speaking program/run of show, coordinating vendors and volunteers.
- Manages the Development Coordinator to assist in executing event logistics and work closely with the Communications Manager to collaborate on event communications, promotion and recognition.
- Support the Director of Leadership Giving with event committee operations including helping plan meetings, attending meetings, and supporting follow up with individual committee members.
- Work with Director of Leadership Giving to support the Board and Event Committee members and volunteers on invitation lists and solicitations.
- With Director of Leadership Giving to plan and execute stewardship events through assistance on logistics. Work with Communications on production of marketing/communication materials.
- Serve as liaison for third-party hosted events, to maximize fundraising for Crossroads (promotion, marketing materials, fundraising tools).
- Serve as point person for stakeholder engagement activities for loyal donors and major gift prospects—oversee invitation process, scheduling, day of activity and follow up.
- Identify and attend networking events that will help drive connections with potential donors.
Volunteer Management and Leadership Groups
- Serve as main contact for the Emerging Leaders Board, including supporting the implementation of an on-going recruitment strategy and developing a strategy to increase the engagement and giving of this group.
- Oversee and Grow Volunteer Engagement: Work with staff across programs and departments to coordinate volunteer engagement projects for corporate and individual prospects, and individual event volunteer engagement.
- Serve as liaison for volunteers at camp work days—welcome, inform, thank, and encourage deeper participation with and support for Crossroads.
- BA/BS degree. A minimum of 4-5 years of related development and event experience.
- Proven track record of success in planning and executing fundraising events.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to balance the requirements of overseeing a large fundraising event with the need to engage and steward donor segments throughout the year in a variety of ways.
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to build and execute strong plans
- Strong relationship-builder with a keen understanding of the context and motivations of others
- Demonstrated ability to adapt based on context of a situation and identify solutions quickly when faced with challenges
Interested applicants should submit a personalized cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Crossroads offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage individual so diverse backgrounds to apply and are committed to hiring individuals who value a diverse and inclusive work environment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com