Crossroads Facilities Associate
Department/Division: Facility Operations
Agreement Term: One Year
Reports to: Facilities Director
Location: Primarily Duxbury (regular visits to Ashby and Brewster from May to October)
Pay Rate: $16.50 per hour (40-hour standard week)
Benefits: Health & Dental Insurance provided
Crossroads inspires young people to unlock their potential and positively impact the world. We believe that young people can shape their own futures and should not be defined by their social and economic circumstances. We engage youth in programming that allows them to experience the power of community, while developing the essential skills needed to successfully navigate school and the postsecondary arena. Each year, we serve over 1,100 young people from Boston, Brockton and the South Shore who participate in year-round residential programming, over multiple years and focus on four areas of development: Social-Emotional Learning, Leadership, Civic Engagement, and Postsecondary Access and Success.
General Summary of Duties
Assists in ensuring that three summer camp locations meet safety, appearance, and operational standards established. This includes cleaning and preventative maintenance duties including non-technical functions such as maintaining exterior lighting, touch up painting, pool maintenance, lawn mowing, weed whacking etc. Must have the ability to work flexible days/hours as needed, and be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and take initiative. Occasionally assists with repairs to buildings including decks, steps, roofs, and other basic carpentry related issues.
- Perform basic housekeeping duties to ensure buildings (including large bathrooms) are ready for use by cleaning floors, walls, toilets, sinks, showers, painting and repairing walls, replacing lightbulbs and defective equipment.
- Weekly cleaning of bathrooms in large assembly building and health center during the school year; and daily cleaning of bathrooms during shoulder seasons as needed.
- Supporting building maintenance as necessary to ensure safety standards of the organization.
- Maintain overall appearance and cleanliness of the camps by ensuring that grounds, amenities, building exteriors, swimming pools, signage, office, central garbage areas, parking lots and other buildings and common areas are free of debris, trash, graffiti and other items which affect appearance.
- Maintain lawn areas by cutting grass, edging borders, spreading ground cover, and removing leaves.
- Provide upkeep of driveways, parking lots, pathways and other grounds features, including clearing snow as needed.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma, GED or its equivalent preferred.
- Driving License and own transportation required.
- Some experience of cleaning, laboring and/or landscaping preferred.
- Must be comfortable using ladders, entering crawl spaces, frequently lifting/carrying 80lbs+, and working in all weather conditions.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a diverse staff team. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to foster an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com