Wilderness Trek Leader
Support the next generation of diverse leaders
Spend your summer in a dynamic environment with incredible staff and inspirational young people! Campers are high potential youth in 9th grade from the Boston area. If you’re interested in pursuing a career in education, outdoor education, social work, or psychology, this is the opportunity for you!
The C5 Leaders Program is a five-year summer and school year program where youth develop and practice their leadership skills through various experiential activities and workshops designed to support participants in learning how to lead both themselves and others in their communities.
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic staff who love the outdoors and will be positive role models that encourage our campers to set and achieve goals, gain new skills and make positive choices during their backpacking experiences with Crossroads. Trek Leaders prepare, facilitate, and lead eight backpacking excursions with our C5 leaders, which includes teaching camping, cooking and orienteering skills, and philosophies such as Leave No Trace. Responsibilities include gear management, meal and logistical planning.
- Staff live at camp in cabins with campers. Housing and meals are provided at no cost
- Home Camp Location: Ashby, MA
- Positions start on June 15th and complete on August 17th
- Trek leaders are paid a stipend of $450/weekly, with a $450 bonus at the end of the summer
- Valid Wilderness First Aid (WFA) or Wilderness First Responder (WFR) required
- Valid Lifeguard certification preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Must be 21+ years old
- Position can be used to fulfill college internship credit
- Experience at camp or working with youth is required
- Crossroads will require all staff and participants to submit proof of an up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination status, as defined by the CDC, prior to arrival at camp.
To apply for this job please visit crossroadsma.campintouch.com.