Camp Wing Session Information
While we live in more hopeful times with the COVID-19 vaccine rollout, this is set to be a heavily regulated summer. Physical distancing will be adopted in a lot of our programming, which has required us to rethink how and where a lot of our classic camp programs will run this summer. With this in mind, the following adjustments have been made for summer 2021:
- Programming that normally takes place at Camp Mitton will be blended with Camp Wing, with both programs taking place at Camp Wing in Duxbury.
- All participants that have attended Camp Mitton in the past will be welcome to apply for a session at Camp Wing.
- We are reducing the number of sessions and increasing session length at Camp Wing, in order to reduce the number of new groups of campers that we’re bringing together. There will be two sessions of 25-days at Camp Wing.
Session 1: Sun, June 27 to Wed, July 21 (Open to Boston Public School Students only) – Please note: We have very limited spots left in this session. Space is limited based on grade level.
Session 2: Sun, July 25 to Wed, August 18 (Open to all applicants) – Please note: FULL- If apply for this session, you will be added to a waitlist.
In recognition of the enormous educational inequities and loss of school-based learning that so many of our participants have experienced during the public health crisis, Crossroads will serve as a Summer Learning Academy site.
- Session 1 will only be available to Boston Public School students, currently in grades 3-8. Along with traditional camp activities, this session will include two hours of math and two hours of literacy components. These components will be taught by certified Boston Public School teachers during the weekday (Monday-Friday) portion of campers’ time at camp. This program is being externally funded, so there will be no fee for campers to attend Camp Wing Session 1.
- Due to the limited space available, we ask that families only apply if they’re committed to sending their camper this summer. If situations change and campers can no longer attend, please let us know so we can open the spot up for another camper. If an enrolled camper does not show without informing us, they may not be eligible to attend a Crossroads program in the future.
- Session 2 will be open to all applicants. This session will be Crossroads’ traditional summer camp programming, with instructional swim, team sports, ropes courses, biking, hiking, boating, archery, arts and crafts, and mentoring.